Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Third Idea

For my third idea I decided to base it around dreams.  I like the work of Christopher Nolan and his film 'Inception'.  The main plot is about dreams.  I am going to take the Symbol of the Totem used by Leonardo De'Caprio's character 'Dom Cobb' as a symbol in my video.  This symbol will indicate if the music video is a dream or if it is reality.

The reason why I chose 'Inception' is because I think it a very unique film as it creates enigmas about reality.  It also show everybody has a different perception of reality.

However, I wanted to base my idea around video games as the music genre is similar to the music from most video games, especially retro games.

From the Techno and the video games idea I decided that my main plot would be based on dreams which are set in the video game world.

For my music idea, I would start off with the totem used in Inception to bring in the idea about dreams. From there I will have a group of friends sitting around the table talking. A few seconds later things will start to get strange and the friends will have army hats on looking like they are going to war. While this is going on it will be in the first person view. As friends are leaving there will be a big shoot out, first person will get shot and fall to the ground and wake up in a car chase. I will use this as if the first person is in a video game so there is a lot to look at. However I will make sure that I will have the totem used in each scene to make the audiance think about if this is a dream or reality

Here is the beginning to the story board of this idea.

story board by Isaac Trophies Harvey

  
The feedback I received for this idea:
  • Don't let the talking go on for too long
  • Make sure there is a strong performance and it must show that it is a music video
  • If you have problems with finding actors use animation
  • Will you keep the idea of ' it is a dream'?
  • Keep the motif going ' spinnig top'
  • Use visual density
  • Think about practical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment